Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Sustainable Food Stores!


   Ramen is the food we almost all have grown to know and love. The staple food in college and what not, ramen is awesome. It's cheap, it lasts forever, and better yet, it's extremely customizable.

   This is the ultimate bachelor chow on the planet because it doesn't require a lot of preparation, and you can literally cook it and chow it under 15 minutes.

   In my bachelor experience, I do try to eat healthy, but I sure as hell am not going to make a gourmet salad for myself, or whip up a five course meal every night. I'm pretty sure most bachelors don't either. My record of living on this stuff would be about 2.5 years after I first started the Army. And even more odd, I chose to eat this. Had the carbs I needed, toss in some hot dogs (protein), green beans (for "something green"), and some times cheese or an egg. Not high in fat, filled me up, and hell, I even ate out of the same pot every night that I just left on the stove and washed once a week.

   Bachelors don't cook fancy. That's Bachelor Code. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to. I always keep a small emergency "oh sh*t I have a date coming over" food store in my cabinets just in case. Typically it's a box of penne pasta (I know, I know, more pasta), a jar of Vodka pasta sauce, a can of olives, a jar of capers, and a frozen ass slab of chicken in my freezer. This comes together in an instant should someone be coming over.

   Other bachelor choices can include Hot Pockets, Beeferoni out of the can (literally, straight out the can with a spoon), and my ultimate creation, Nasty Taco Pizza. That's where you nuke a .99 cent pizza (typically Totinos), hammer the top with chili, Fritos (for crunch), ranch, and whatever else you want. Fold it up like a taco, and just go to town. It's not pretty but it works!

   So Bachelor Code for food? Keep your food quick and easy, you got better sh*t to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment