Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Key Is Resilience And Truth

fig. 1-1 No, that's not me. I don't own a guitar.....

With sooo much insight to provide to the universe, I've decided to offshoot from my normal ranty-blog HERE with a focus on being a bachelor, and what's expected.

Since graduating in college, I've pretty much been on my own as a bachelor since 2001. With only a 4 year relationship to speak of that ended (poorly) last year, I've been doing this for quite a while. I'm not saying I've got this mastered, but I sure as hell got it down to a science.

Now bare in mind, this is NOT guy code. As there might be some overlap, it's important to note that guy code becomes somewhat warped when you're in bachelor mode. In most cases, yes, guy code trumps bachelor code, but not always. So just keep reading and you'll learn....ALOT.

For you men, this might be a good resource after you've begun living on your own. To learn the do's, the don't, what is normal, and what you're doing wrong (i.e. if you own doilies).

For you women, this could be a interesting (or terrifying) insight into how we operate under the surface. Based on all men theory out there about women, there's basically no difference in how single women live, and how women in relationships live. We, however, are EXTREMELY different.

I've done my research and looked at a few other blogs out there to see what the trending thought patterns are. In a nutshell, I'm not impressed. One blog, I found had about 10 entries and was last updated about two years ago. Others spoke about the importance of having a good pair of dress shoes and how to tie a tie. No, no no no no. That is far from it. I promise two things to reads. 1) Brutal honesty as to what the fundamentals are about being a bachelor and 2) I'll post more often than once every couple of weeks. I rant so much on my other blog, that I'll make it a point to stop by here with pics and what not to add to this database of wisdom.

Buckle up kids, it's gonna get bumpy!

No comments:

Post a Comment